- Journey to the Center of the Earth
( 2008 ) - the Brendon Fraser one. Again. Number One Son's Movie
Night choice. My heart fell but I had forgotten how hot the lead female
was - so not a totally wasted 90 minutes.
- Barbarella - As part of her whistle stop tour of Great 60s Trash (Last week it was Danger Diabolik) I introduce Number One Daughter to Barbarella.
She loved it. This is the film that Starcrash - another of my
favourite all time SF films - wanted to be. No 1 Daughter likes Starcrash too. Chip of the old block is my daughter, gladdens my heart it does.
- Happily N'Ever After (2006)- not very good kids' movie aiming for the Shrek target market and failing. I fell asleep.
- Forbidden Kingdom (2006) - I'm getting to like Jackie Chan
films. Even the later CGI Wire-Fu stuffed ones. (Though anything with
Chris Rock in it still gets a body swerve)
- The Scorpion King - Conan in all but name.
- Fritz the Cat (1972) - pointless, unpleasant, and boring.
- Lord of the Rings - for a second time and which I didn't hate
as much as I did last time mainly due to having fun formulating several
new (possibly libellous) reasons why I think LotR is crap.
- The Extraordinary Adventures of Adèle Blanc-Sec (2010) - this
almost worked but just didn't gell for me. I love the comic books -
what I understand of them, my French is very rusty - but the film just